Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Living in Spain


Living in Spain it made sense to write about my favorite places so I started with the first area I moved to over ten years ago, a town on the coast of Alicante called Villajoyosa this town even though it has a few northern European expats is very Spanish and traditional and celebrates fiestas to the max and especially the Moors and Christians, because they are on the Mediterranean coast they add a special twist called desembarco, where they stag a sea battle.
The second village is Jalon in the Jalon valley famous for its bodegas (wine cellars), Saturday flea market and picturesque scenery.
I have also written a staycation lens about my home town of Polop inland from the popular holiday resort of Benidorm Costa Blanca. This is a quiet village in the middle of some major tourist attractions, including the famous waterfalls called the Fonts de Algar.

No comments:

Post a Comment